Carlo Ancelotti has ruled out a possible outing for wonderkid Martin Odegaard against Schalke next week.
The 16-year-old Norwegian has been included in Madrid’s 25-man European squad for the knockout stages but the Madrid boss says the former Stromsgodset man will not be involved in Germany next week.
“He’s a big talent with personality,” he said. “He will play this week with Castilla. I don’t think I’ll use him against Schalke.”
Rumours heightened over Odegaard’s possible involvement in this weekend’s league game against Deportivo after he featured in a stringf of first-team training sessions this week and with injuries mounting. But he will be part of Zinedine Zidane’s Castilla squad for the Segunda Division B clash at Amorebieta on Saturday afternoon.
The Norway international, who arrived in Madrid last month, made his Castilla debut as a second half substitute in last weekend’s match against Athletic Club A at Valdebebas, playing 20 minutes in a 2-2 draw.