Real Madrid have sacked Carlo Ancelotti.
Club president Florentino Perez addressed the media at the Santiago Bernabeu on Monday night to notify the board’s decision that the Italian will not continue next season.
A board meeting was held on Monday afternoon and Perez said the decision to fire the former Chelsea, Paris St. Germain and AC Milan boss was taken within the last week.
Perez said a “new impulse” was needed to take the club forward and win new trophies and announced that Ancelotti’s successor would be named next week.
The president also went as far to say that it would be “very good” if the new coach spoke Spanish, further pointing at Rafa Benitez as the likely new man at the helm. Napoli’s season ends on Sunday.